Since 2016, Adriana has received recognition for her work on academic research culture and STEM workforce development, and science policy training.
- Inaugural 2022 Emerging Broader Impacts Leader Award, Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS) (2022).
- Member Spotlight, Women in Government Relations (2021).
- Finalist, NASEM New Voices (2021).
- Semi-finalist, AAAS STPF Executive Branch (2019).
- Outstanding Publication Award, American Educational Research Association, Special Interest Group for Graduate and Postdoctoral Education across the Disciplines (entire book The Postdoc Landscape, contributed chapter to book) (2019).
Adriana has also been selected to participate in independent science policy projects, fellowships or sessions related to academic culture.
- Alan Alda Center’s Women in STEM Leadership Program (2022)
- Full member, Sigma xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society by nomination only (2021-present)
- Communications Training Boot Camp for Scientists, American Institute of Biological Sciences (2021)
- Science Advisory Council Simulation Workshop, Cambridge University Science and Policy Exchange (2021)
- The Future Substance of STEM Education, sponsored by NSF (2020)
- Leadership Seminar in Science and Technology Policy, AAAS (2020)
- New Frontiers Virtual Summit, Association of Science and Technology Centers (2020)