- Athanasiadou R, Bankston A, Carlisle M, Niziolek C, McDowell GS. 2018. Assessing the landscape of US postdoctoral salaries, Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education, Vol. 9 Issue: 2, pp.213-242, doi: https://doi.org/10.1108/SGPE-D-17-00048
Additional information: Originally published as a pre-print December 3, 2017: Athanasiadou R, Bankston A, Carlisle M, Niziolek C, McDowell GS. 2017. Assessing the Landscape of U.S. Postdoctoral Salaries. BioRxiv. 227694; December 3, 2017. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/227694 (PREPRINT)
- Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2018. Chapter 2 – A Review of Postdoc Reforms in the United States and the Case of the Fair Labor Standards Act Updates of 2016, In The Postdoc Landscape, edited by Audrey Jaeger and Alessandra J. Dinin, Academic Press, 2018, Pages 15-48, ISBN 9780128131695, https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-813169-5.00002-1 (available online October 21, 2017).
Additional information: Outstanding Publication Award (entire book The Postdoc Landscape) – 2019 American Educational Research Association, Special Interest Group for Graduate and Postdoctoral Education across the Disciplines
- Pickett C, Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2017. The GSS is an unreliable indicator of biological sciences postdoc population trends. BioRxiv. 171314; December 1, 2017. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/171314 (PREPRINT).
Additional information: Originally published August 2, 2017. Updated version published December 1, 2017.
- Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2017. Monitoring the compliance of the academic enterprise with the Fair Labor Standards Act. [version 2; referees: 3 approved]. F1000Research 2017, 5:2690 (doi: 10.12688/f1000research.10086.2).
Natalia Z. Bielczyk*, Ayaka Ando*, AmanPreet Badhwar*, Chiara Caldinelli*, Mengxia Gao*, Amelie Haugg*, Leanna M. Hernandez*, Kaori Ito*, Dan Kessler*, Dan Lurie*, Meena M. Makary*, Aki Nikolaidis*, Michele Veldsman*, Christopher Allen, Adriana Bankston, Catarina Costa Boffino, Katherine L. Bottenhorn, Ricarda Braukman, Veronika Cheplygina, Ece Ercan, Karolina Finc, Heidi Foo, Ali Khalibi, Christian La, David M. A. Mehler, Sridar Narayanan, Russell A. Poldrack, Pradeep Reddy Raamana, Taylor Salo, Claire Godard-Sebilotte, Lucina Q. Uddin, Davide Valeriani, Sofie L. Valk, Courtney C. Walton, Phillip G. D. Ward, Julio A. Yanes, Xinqi Zhou, OHBM Student and Postdoc Special Interest Group. Effective self-management for early career researchers in the natural and life sciences (OSF working paper, 2019). DOI 10.17605/OSF.IO/W6EMK *denotes equal authorship
- 2019. Enhancing the connections between institutions and organizations to advance postdoctoral training. PeerJ Preprints 7:e27568v1 https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.27568v1
- 2019. Inspiring and ethical mentorship in STEM: A meeting highlighting need for engagement, incentives, and accountability. PeerJ Preprints 7:e27474v1 https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.27474v1
- Bankston A, McDowell G. 2018. Changing the culture of science communication training for junior scientists. J. Microbiol. Biol. Educ. 19(1): doi: 10.1128/jmbe.v19i1.1413.