SCIENCE POLICY POSTS
- Translating science for policymaking – The Plainspoken Scientist, AGU’s Sharing Science program blog, January 25, 2021.
- Science policy fundamentals and communication skills for policymaking – ScienceTalk blog, January 7, 2021.
- A Junior Researcher’s Opinion on the NIH Grant Support Index (GSI) – Future of Research blog, October 25, 2017.
- Postdoc Reactions to the FLSA Fiasco – Part 2 – Future of Research blog, September 28, 2017.
- Postdoc Reactions to the FLSA Fiasco – Part 1 – Future of Research blog, September 8, 2017.
- New article-level metric to measure the influence of scientific publications – Rescuing Biomedical Research (RBR) Blog, September 14, 2016.*
- Chemistry society to embrace preprint servers* – Rescuing Biomedical Research (RBR) Blog, August 15, 2016.*
- More rounds of grant review do not necessarily equal more funding – Rescuing Biomedical Research (RBR) Blog, August 12, 2016.*
SCIENCE ADVOCACY POSTS
- Rising from adversity to forge ahead – Medium blog, January 7, 2021.
- Breaking Academic Barriers: A Collective Policy Perspective – National Science Policy Network (NSPN) blog, December 28, 2020.
- The challenges and opportunities for the next generation in developing a science policy career during a pandemic – Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) blog, November 11, 2020.
- Panel on Responding to COVID – Opportunities for All Researchers to Engage – Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally (ESAL) blog, May 6, 2020.
- Introductory Blog Post and Playbook Guide on how to apply for a local policy fellowship – Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally (ESAL), February 4, 2020.
- How fellowships can advance your scientific career – Proteintech Group Blog, December 2, 2019.
- The state of the international scientist in the U.S. – Proteintech Group Blog, November 16, 2018.
- How to write an op-ed – Union of Concerned Scientists Blog, October 22, 2018.
- Nonprofit Leadership by and for Early Career Scientists – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, September 17, 2018.
- Speaking Up for Change – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, June 25, 2018.
- Empowering Early Career Scientists to Engage in Science Advocacy, Policy and Communication – Union of Concerned Scientists Blog, April 5, 2018.
- Saderi D, Bankston A. Discussing the culture of preprints with auditory neuroscientists. Authorea (PREreview); February 28, 2018; doi: 10.22541/au.151984630.07056684 (Future of Research affiliation).
- Standing up for science and changing it: a tale of tweet chats – Future of Research blog, September 11, 2017.
- Marching for a change in the culture of science – Future of Research blog, May 2, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog).
- Why should you march for science? – Academics for the Future of Science (AFS) blog, February 22, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog and to the Future of Research blog).
- How can young trainees improve the scientific enterprise? – Academics for the Future of Science (AFS) blog, December 9, 2016.
- Why do we still need an Association for Women in Science? An Interview with Isabel C. Escobar – ASCB COMPASS blog, July 27, 2016.
- Women in STEM: Still So Few and Far Between – ASCB COMPASS blog, July 22, 2016.
- Reassessing postdoctoral needs—an NPA Advocacy Committee Survey – ASCB COMPASS blog, February 19, 2016.
*Helped pilot Rescuing Biomedical Research (RBR) writing program