- Catching a Passion for Policy – NPA POSTDOCket, January 2018, volume 16, issue 1 (published on January 23, 2018).
- Attending conferences as a science policy researcher – ASBMB Today, January 1, 2018 (feature).
- From Doing Science to Fixing It – ASBMB Today, July 1, 2017 (perspective).
CAREER PLANNING PERSPECTIVES:
- Plan your career path- but not too much – NIH BEST blog**, November 12, 2018.
- Setting your own expectations – NIH BEST blog**, October 18, 2018.
- Outreach and Networking Without the Angst – AWIS Magazine, Volume 50, p. 10-11, Summer 2018.
- Redefined by academia and parenthood – ASM Careers blog, May 29, 2018.
- Defining your own professional identity outside academia – ASBMB Careers Blog, April 20, 2018 (by Donna Kridelbaugh).
- Building Your Brand During a Career Transition – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, July 3, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog, the Future of Research blog and the Sister STEM blog).
- Being Active in Your Career Exploration – NPA POSTDOCket, March 2017, volume 15, issue 3 (published on March 28, 2017).
- Bankston, A. Can You Ever Escape Your Personal and Scientific Bubbles? Stories in Science; January 21, 2018; doi: 10.5281/zenodo.1169414.
- Bankston, A. From the bench to a grander vision Authorea (DOC)*; January 20, 2018; doi: 10.22541/au.151675456.63015498.
- Life as a young scientist: a personal perspective – Future of Research blog, February 14, 2017.
- Taking an Unexpected Turn – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, December 19, 2016.
*Future of Research affiliation
**Also editor for the blog series