- Leaving Academia as a Tenured Professor – ASM Careers blog, October 23, 2019.
- (How) do we value early career researchers in academia? – Future of Research blog, September 28, 2019.
Men as advocates for women in STEM – The Female Scientist, September 11, 2019 (will be reprinted in The Next Truth Magazine, date TBD).
The Dual Nature of the Research Enterprise – PLOS ECR blog, September 9, 2019.
- Fostering a sense of belonging in academia – The Female Scientist, July 7, 2019.
- Curve Balls and Unexpected Paths – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, July 1, 2019.
- The Postdoc Academy: A National Project for Postdocs – NIH BEST blog, April 30, 2019.
Elements of a positive academic environment for early career researchers, and how we are contributing – PLOS ECR blog, April 30, 2019.
- Principles of career exploration for early career researchers – NIH BEST blog**, March 28, 2019.
What I learned through fundraising for my favorite non-profit – PLOS ECR blog, February 28, 2019.
- CRAFTing a path: how early career researchers can create local change – NIH BEST blog**, February 25, 2019.
- The Journal of Science Policy and Governance (JSPG): Engaging early career researchers in science policy – UCS Blog, February 13, 2019 (shared by Society for Neuroscience news posted February 18, 2019 ).
- Professional profile – The NESACS Blog***, February 11, 2019.
Having it all figured out, or figuring it all out as you go? A journey back in time – PLOS ECR blog, February 1, 2019.
- Select Academics Based on Merit, Not Money – NIH BEST blog**, January 21, 2019.
- Making Mentoring Relationships Meaningful – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, January 7, 2019.
- Committing for more than one night – ASBMB Today, January 1, 2019.
- What Do You Want Out of Life? – Beyond the Professoriate blog, December 2, 2018.
- Catching a Passion for Policy – NPA POSTDOCket, January 2018, volume 16, issue 1 (published on January 23, 2018).
- Attending conferences as a science policy researcher – ASBMB Today, January 1, 2018 (feature).
- From Doing Science to Fixing It – ASBMB Today, July 1, 2017 (perspective).
CAREER PLANNING PERSPECTIVES:
- Learning to Do Less During Challenging Transitions – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, January 6, 2020.
When life teaches you a few good lessons the hard way! – The Female Scientist, January 5, 2020.
Six Foundations of Successful Mentoring Relationships – SfN Neuronline, December 19, 2019.
A personal story of how life’s setbacks helped me discover myself! – The Female Scientist, November 10, 2019.
Moving from Academia to Policy: Mentorship and Career Transitions – NYAS blog, May 20, 2019.
- Holey Science – Gaps in the Research Career – The Early Pages blog, March 21, 2019 (contribution as a multi-blog post).
- Why can’t we just be human first? – NIH BEST blog**, December 17, 2018.
- Plan your career path- but not too much – NIH BEST blog**, November 12, 2018.
- Setting your own expectations – NIH BEST blog**, October 18, 2018.
- Outreach and Networking Without the Angst – AWIS Magazine, Volume 50, p. 10-11, Summer 2018.
- Redefined by academia and parenthood – ASM Careers blog, May 29, 2018.
- Defining your own professional identity outside academia – ASBMB Careers Blog, April 20, 2018 (by Donna Kridelbaugh).
- Building Your Brand During a Career Transition – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, July 3, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog, the Future of Research blog and the Sister STEM blog).
- Being Active in Your Career Exploration – NPA POSTDOCket, March 2017, volume 15, issue 3 (published on March 28, 2017).
- Bankston, A. Can You Ever Escape Your Personal and Scientific Bubbles? Stories in Science; January 21, 2018; doi: 10.5281/zenodo.1169414.
- Bankston, A. From the bench to a grander vision Authorea (DOC)*; January 20, 2018; doi: 10.22541/au.151675456.63015498.
- Life as a young scientist: a personal perspective – Future of Research blog, February 14, 2017.
- Taking an Unexpected Turn – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, December 19, 2016.
*Future of Research affiliation
**Also editor for the blog series
***From the Northeastern Section of the ACS, focusing on career management and development