Since 2017, Adriana has led several independent projects on policy analysis, training and resource development (*).
Recently, Bankston Policy Consulting LLC was created to formalize this practice (read more below). Please email Adriana to discuss potential projects.
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society: Examining science policy engagement at the state level using an online platform with several elements enabling societal change through policy impact.
- Advancing Research Impact in Society: Developed an InterSECT Job Sim on science policy course and a padlet toolkit for program expansion.
- Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science: Gave Impactful science policy writing: Empowering scientists to engage society talk on connecting science and policy, and policy publishing opportunities.
- Graduate Career Consortium: Contributed to Imagine PhD Advocacy Career Development Content, including example resume, cover letter, and advocacy resources.
- Arizona State University: Co-designed Scientific Solutions for Society (SS4S) Certificate Program as part of ‘The Future Substance of STEM Education’ program supported by NSF.
- Inside Higher Ed: Contributed articles to Graduate Career Consortium Carpe Careers blog, including on pursuing non-academic careers, mentorship and leadership in research.
Bankston Policy Consulting LLC
Bankston Policy Consulting LLC provides a variety of services to stakeholders and individuals invested in and working towards building the next generation of leaders in science policy across a number of industries within the U.S. science and technology policy ecosystem. The firm places special emphasis on services that empower students and early career researchers to impact policy at all levels of government.
Services include working with universities, nonprofits and individuals to perform in-depth research and policy analysis on a number of policy topics; conduct landscape analysis and produce reports; design and facilitate career presentations and training workshops; create relevant toolkits and resources for developing science policy skills and competencies; develop platforms and tools for scaling up and expanding policy offerings; provide advice and facilitate end-to-end strategic project development and execution; and empower organizations and individuals to achieve desired policy change.
*Contains both independent and LLC projects
“Dr. Adriana Bankston’s commitment to developing the next generation of policy leaders, her outstanding leadership skills, her ability to finalize projects while fostering collaboration, her innovative thinking and ability to create new directions and programs, and her exceptional presentation abilities make her an invaluable asset in the field of science policy consulting. Her visionary mindset and dedication to innovation ensure that she is always at the forefront of shaping the future of science policy. I wholeheartedly recommend her services and have no doubt that her consulting business will flourish, making a significant impact in the realm of science policy.” – Larisa K. Schelkin, CEO, President & Founder, Global STEM Education Center, Inc & JSPG Governing Board Member.