Since 2017, Adriana has led several independent projects on scientific research policy, advocacy, training and resource development. Recently, Bankston Policy Consulting LLC was created to formalize this practice.
Bankston Policy Consulting LLC
Bankston Policy Consulting LLC provides a variety of services to stakeholders and individuals invested in and working towards building the next generation STEM workforce through policy change across a number of industries within the science, technology and innovation ecosystem. The firm places special emphasis on services that empower students and early career researchers to impact policy at all levels of government.
- Working with universities, nonprofits and individuals to perform in-depth research and analysis on a number of science policy topics;
- Conduct landscape analysis and produce reports;
- Design and facilitate career presentations and training workshops on scientific research policy;
- Create relevant toolkits and resources for developing policy skills and competencies;
- Develop platforms and tools for scaling up and expanding policy offerings;
- Provide advice and facilitate end-to-end strategic project development and execution; and
- Empower organizations and individuals to achieve desired policy change to support the future of science and technology.
Organizations & Universities
Scientific research policy, advocacy, training and resource development projects conducted across organizations and universities, in addition to talks and workshops given both as independent and via the consulting firm since 2017. View the YouTube channel for several policy contributions.
- Federation of American Scientists: Working on a project focused on policy entrepreneurship.
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society: Examining science policy engagement at the state level using an online platform with several elements enabling societal change through policy impact.
- Advancing Research Impact in Society: Developed an InterSECT Job Sim on science policy course and a padlet toolkit for program expansion.
- Alan Alda Center for Communicating Science: Gave Impactful science policy writing: Empowering scientists to engage society talk on connecting science and policy, and policy publishing opportunities.
- Graduate Career Consortium: Contributed to Imagine PhD Advocacy Career Development Content, including example resume, cover letter, and advocacy resources.
- Arizona State University: Co-designed Scientific Solutions for Society (SS4S) Certificate Program as part of ‘The Future Substance of STEM Education’ program supported by NSF.
- Inside Higher Ed: Contributed articles to Graduate Career Consortium Carpe Careers blog, including on pursuing non-academic careers, mentorship and leadership in research.
“Dr. Adriana Bankston’s commitment to developing the next generation of policy leaders, her outstanding leadership skills, her ability to finalize projects while fostering collaboration, her innovative thinking and ability to create new directions and programs, and her exceptional presentation abilities make her an invaluable asset in the field of science policy consulting. Her visionary mindset and dedication to innovation ensure that she is always at the forefront of shaping the future of science policy. I wholeheartedly recommend her services and have no doubt that her consulting business will flourish, making a significant impact in the realm of science policy.” – Larisa K. Schelkin, CEO, President & Founder, Global STEM Education Center, Inc & JSPG Governing Board Member.
“I have been in awe of Adriana’s unwavering commitment to training the next generation of researchers in the field of science policy since the very beginning of my own involvement in such an exciting and critical direction. Adriana’s ability to develop and mentor young minds in science policy is truly inspiring, laying the foundation for a dynamic and innovative community. I especially admire Adriana’s openness to innovative collaborations on a multitude of projects and her ability to bring in the voices of early career researchers in all spaces. Drawing upon years of experience and invaluable skills, Adriana brings invaluable expertise in writing and communicating scientific insights to policymakers, ensuring our voices are heard and understood at every level.” – Ona Ambrozaite, Ph.D. Candidate, Johns Hopkins University & JSPG Published Author.
Ready to chat about your ideas? Book a call to discuss your needs and how I can be helpful in achieving your goals.
Get in touch
Looking for additional information or have questions? Please complete the form below for a follow-up.