Since 2018, Adriana’s work on science policy, academic research culture and STEM workforce development has been highlighted by several media outlets.
Selected media highlights:
- Sigma Xi News Highlight: Sigma Xi Welcomes Adriana Bankston as New Senior Fellow, Civic Science & Public Policy, Sigma Xi, April 2023.
- ASBMB Today Article: Advocacy groups recognize Bankston, ASBMB, Feb 2023.
- AIP FYI Newsletter Highlight: Adriana Bankston: Activating Policymakers to Take Action in Supporting the Next Generation of Scientists, AAAS, Sept 2022.
- Science Letter Mention: Researchers criticize Senate plan to steer more NSF funding to ‘have not’ states, Science, June 2022.
- Rice University News: Baker Institute event explores preparing future civic scientists for climate change, public health risks, April 2022.
- Kavli Foundation Newsletter Highlight: Great Science Begins with Nurturing Early-Career Researchers, Issues in Science and Technology & Included in Issues in Science and Technology Special Edition “The Next 75 Years of Science Policy,” Dec 2021.
- Canadian Science Policy Centre, The next gen section: Enhancing Capacity Building for the Next Generation of Science Policy Leaders, CSPC Magazine, by invitation, Nov 2021.
- AIP FYI Newsletter Highlight: Adriana Bankston, chief executive of Journal of Science Policy & Governance, SAPEA Podcast, July 2021.
- The National Academies Press: Re-envisioning Postdoctoral Training in Neuroscience: Proceedings of a Workshop—in Brief, May 2021.
- ScienceGeist Highlights Newsletter (SNSF ECR section): Research Culture: Why scientific societies should involve more early-career researchers, eLife, Sept 2020.
- Nature Study Mention: Assessing the landscape of US postdoctoral salaries, Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education, Feb 2019.
- Science Study Mention: Assessing the Landscape of U.S. Postdoctoral Salaries, bioRxiv, Aug 2018.