SCIENCE POLICY & ADVOCACY INTERVIEWS
- Member Spotlight – Dr. Anne Kornahrens – Association for Women in Science, May 2, 2018.
- Enhancing Diversity in Science: a Career in Science Policy – ASM Careers blog, February 14, 2018.
- Navigating a Science Policy Career: an Interview with Kate Stoll, Senior Policy Advisor for the MIT Washington Office – ASM Careers blog, February 16, 2017.
SCIENTIFIC TRAINING & CAREER PLANNING INTERVIEWS
- Garg made organic chemistry one of UCLA’s most popular classes – ASBMB Today, April 1, 2019.*
- Craig commended for his ‘remarkable and inspirational’ work with undergrads – ASBMB Today, April 1, 2018.*
- Finding Your Way in Academia: An interview with Dr. Valerie Horsley – ASM Careers blog, October 11, 2017.
- The Most Important Experiment: Your Career – an Interview with Dr. Joerg Schlatterer – Future of Research blog, May 4, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog).
- Dolan recognized for ‘transformation of teaching and learning’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.*
- The first COMPASS writer of the year: Travis J. Bernardo, Ph.D. – ASCB COMPASS blog, January 3, 2017 (with Sushama Sivakumar).*
- Strategies for a Successful (Non-Academic) Career Search: an Interview with ASCB Executive Director, Erika Shugart – ASCB COMPASS blog, September 16, 2016.
- Recruited Kinga Hosszu, Outreach Director at F1000 Americas (interview here from December 1, 2015); Josh Henkin, Founder and Career Counselor at STEM Career Services (interview here from June 9, 2016) and Naresh Sunkara, CEO, Founder of Nosocom Solutions Inc (interview here from March 8, 2017) for ASCB COMPASS Career Perspectives.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH INTERVIEWS/CONTRIBUTIONS
- New Publications by Our Members (Alzheimer’s disease; ECR careers) – SfN DCMA Summer/Spring Newsletter, June 19, 2020.
- Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month 2020 – ASBMB Today, June 1, 2020.
Gingras studies proteomics’ implications for research – ASBMB Today, March 6, 2020.
- Researcher finds a new way to look at proteins – ASBMB Today, March 1, 2019.
- Study of chlorinated lipids could lead to better sepsis treatment – ASBMB Today, March 1, 2019.
- Tabor winner explores protein kinases and disease – ASBMB Today, December 1, 2017.
- Fairn recognized as ‘one of the most promising lipid researchers’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.
- Frydman’s protein-folding work defines ‘the forefront’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.
- Patton wins funding for neural regeneration work – ASBMB Today, December 1, 2016.
*Awards for scientific research, training and education