Adriana has contributed to or co-designed several educational resources on science policy training and STEM workforce development, including courses and programs. Below are a few notable projects.
- Science Policy and Advocacy Certificate Program for STEM Scientists, GPS-STEM Program, UC Irvine (2020 – 2021).
- Co-designed, launched and executed interviews for JSPG’s SciPol SoundBites science policy podcast (2020).
- Scientific Solutions for Society Certificate Program, Future Substance of STEM Education project, ASU (2020).
- Designed Playbook Guide on how to apply for a local policy fellowship, Engineers & Scientists Acting Locally (2020).
- Contributed to mentoring climate guidelines for institutions (2019).
- Participated in Policy Chats for a number of scientific societies on mentoring, advocacy and career development (2018-2021).
- Co-designed InterSECT job simulations on advocacy power mapping and data collection (2017).
- Established Excellence in Science Education & Outreach Award, Superlative, Kentucky Academy of Sciences (2016).
- Contributed to FLSA and Postdocs resource on monitoring institutional compliance with the FLSA (2016).
Adriana has also taken a number of science policy courses to learn more about the field. Below are a few notable trainings.
- Public Policy Challenges of the 21st Century, UVA Batten School (2021)
- Public Policy Analysis for Scientists, Engineers, and Health Professionals, S&T Policy Academy (2020)
- Tools for Academic Engagement in Public Policy, MIT Policy Lab (2019)
- How to Communicate with Congress, AAAS (2016)