Adriana has written a number of blog posts on science policy, advocacy and training to support the future of research and the STEM workforce, some of which have been written by invitation. Below are a few notable posts.
Science Policy Posts
- JSPG Celebrates the Newly Established Graduate Student Caucus, JSPG blog, July 14, 2022.
- Special Issue of Science Policy Journal Addresses the Future of STEM Education and Workforce Development – Sigma Xi Today, July 1, 2022.
- Shaping Policy in STEM Education and Workforce Development – Inside Higher Ed, May 16, 2022.
- Building a Technology-Savvy Workforce to Drive the Future of Research – ecrLife, February 17, 2022.
- Enhancing Capacity Building for the Next Generation of Science Policy Leaders – Canadian Science Policy Magazine (CSPC), The next generation section, by invitation, November 29, 2021.
- Bankston, Adriana. Great Science Begins with Nurturing Early-Career Researchers. Issues in Science and Technology, section on The Next 75 Years of Science Policy, supported by The Kavli Foundation, November 2, 2021.
- Building the future STEM workforce beyond the COVID-19 pandemic: a call to action for policymakers driven by the next generation of innovators. SciTech Forefront, October 12, 2021.
- The Long-Term Impact of COVID-19 on the Careers of Postdoctoral Women – NPA POSTDOCket, August 3, 2021.
- Choosing the right mentor for career success – ASCB COMPASS blog, November 17, 2017.
- Written policy posts on the NIH GSI and FLSA (2 parts), Future of Research blog, September 8- October 25, 2017.
- Valuing and Rewarding Intangible Activities in Academic Careers – Future of Research blog, June 30, 2017.
- Written policy posts on metrics for publications; preprints and grant reviews, Rescuing Biomedical Research blog, August 12- September 14, 2016.
Policy Career Posts
- Meet Dominique Carter: she encourages girls to be bold with their endeavors – ASBMB Today, February 20, 2022.
- Johnson wants every student to feel they belong – ASBMB Today, December 9, 2021.
- Steps for getting started in science policy – ASBMB Today (Careers Issue), August 11, 2021.
- From Neuroscientist to Running for Public Office – Engineers and Scientists Acting Locally (ESAL) blog, March 28, 2021.
- Science policy fundamentals and communication skills for policymaking – ScienceTalk blog, January 7, 2021.
- The challenges and opportunities for the next generation in developing a science policy career during a pandemic – Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC) blog, November 11, 2020.
- Using the Job Search Process for Learning and Self Reflection – Beyond the Professoriate blog, July 26, 2019.
- Speaking Up for Change – Inside Higher Ed blog, June 25, 2018.
- Empowering Early Career Scientists to Engage in Science Advocacy, Policy and Communication – Union of Concerned Scientists Blog, April 5, 2018.
- Enhancing Diversity in Science: a Career in Science Policy – ASM Careers blog, February 14, 2018.
- Dolan recognized for ‘transformation of teaching and learning’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.