Since 2017, Adriana has published scholarly articles on academia and policy development to improve the research enterprise for the next generation.
Selected policy publications:
Jorgensen C, Miro AA, Sancheznieto F, Vedachalam S, Mughal A, Le Lay M, Bankston A and Singh H. 2022. Tracking Policy Implications and Impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic and Related Executive Actions on a Sampling of Foreign-born Early Career Researchers in the U.S. OSF Preprints.
- Dutt, Rosie and Adriana Bankston. 2021. Cover Memo: Volume 19, Issue 1 Celebrating a Decade of Publishing Innovative Policy Solutions Designed by the Next Generation. JSPG, Vol. 19, Issue 1.
- Davis, Stephanie M., Harinder Singh*, Cara M. Weismann*, Adriana Bankston*, and Juan P. R. Villalobos. 2020. Research Culture: Actionable recommendations from trainees to improve science training. eLife. *authors contributed equally.
- Bankston, Adriana, Stephanie M. Davis, Elisabeth Moore, Caroline A. Niziolek, and Vincent Boudreau. 2020. Research Culture: Why scientific societies should involve more early-career researchers. eLife.
- Harinder S, Bankston A, and McDowell G. 2020. Training Transitions: From Research Dependence to Independence. OSF Preprints.
- Bielczyk NZ, Ando A, Badhwar A, Caldinelli C, Gao M, Haugg A, Hernandez LM, Ito KL, Kessler D, Lurie D, Makary MM, Nikolaidis A, Veldsman M, Allen C, Bankston A, Bottenhorn KL, Braukman R, Calhoun V, Cheplygina V, Boffino CC, Ercan E, Finc K, Foo H, Khalibi A, La C, Mehler DMA, Narayanan S, Poldrack RA, Raamana PR, Salo T, Godard-Sebilotte C, Uddin LQ, Valeriani D, Valk SL, Walton CC, Ward PDG, Yanes JA, Zhou X, OHBM Student and Postdoc Special Interest Group. 2020. Effective self-management for early career researchers in the natural and life sciences. Neuron.
- 2019. Enhancing the connections between institutions and organizations to advance postdoctoral training. PeerJ Preprints.
- 2019. Inspiring and ethical mentorship in STEM: A meeting highlighting need for engagement, incentives, and accountability. PeerJ Preprints.
- Athanasiadou R, Bankston A, Carlisle M, Niziolek C, McDowell GS. 2018. Assessing the landscape of US postdoctoral salaries, Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education.
- Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2018. Chapter 2 – A Review of Postdoc Reforms in the United States and the Case of the Fair Labor Standards Act Updates of 2016, In The Postdoc Landscape.
- Pickett C, Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2017. The GSS is an unreliable indicator of biological sciences postdoc population trends. BioRxiv.
- Bankston A, McDowell GS. 2017. Monitoring the compliance of the academic enterprise with the Fair Labor Standards Act. F1000Research.