Skip to content
SCIENCE POLICY & ADVOCACY PROFILES
- A Unique Career Path: Driving the Science and Policy Enterprise Forward – JSPG blog, April 27, 2021 (Dr. Jennifer Pearl).
- From Neuroscientist to Running for Public Office – Engineers and Scientists Acting Locally (ESAL) blog, March 28, 2021 (Dr. Tepring Paquido).
- Member Spotlight – Dr. Anne Kornahrens – Association for Women in Science, May 2, 2018.
- Enhancing Diversity in Science: a Career in Science Policy – ASM Careers blog, February 14, 2018.
- Navigating a Science Policy Career: an Interview with Kate Stoll, Senior Policy Advisor for the MIT Washington Office – ASM Careers blog, February 16, 2017.
SCIENTIFIC TRAINING PROFILES
- Science and medicine: Connecting the known and the unknown – ASBMB Today, August 24, 2020 [cover article].
- Garg made organic chemistry one of UCLA’s most popular classes – ASBMB Today, April 1, 2019.
- Craig commended for his ‘remarkable and inspirational’ work with undergrads – ASBMB Today, April 1, 2018.
- Finding Your Way in Academia: An interview with Dr. Valerie Horsley – ASM Careers blog, October 11, 2017.
- The Most Important Experiment: Your Career – an Interview with Dr. Joerg Schlatterer – Future of Research blog, May 4, 2017.
- Dolan recognized for ‘transformation of teaching and learning’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.
- The first COMPASS writer of the year: Travis J. Bernardo, Ph.D. – ASCB COMPASS blog, January 3, 2017 (with Sushama Sivakumar).
- Strategies for a Successful (Non-Academic) Career Search: an Interview with ASCB Executive Director, Erika Shugart – ASCB COMPASS blog, September 16, 2016.
- Recruited Kinga Hosszu, Outreach Director at F1000 Americas (interview here from December 1, 2015) ASCB COMPASS Career Perspectives.
- Recruited Josh Henkin, Founder and Career Counselor at STEM Career Services (interview here from June 9, 2016) ASCB COMPASS Career Perspectives.
- Recruited Naresh Sunkara, CEO, Founder of Nosocom Solutions Inc (interview here from March 8, 2017) for ASCB COMPASS Career Perspectives.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PROFILES
- New Publications by Our Members – SfN DCMA Summer/Spring Newsletter (Alzheimer’s disease; ECR careers), June 19, 2020.
- Alzheimer’s & Brain Awareness Month 2020 – ASBMB Today, June 1, 2020.
- Gingras studies proteomics’ implications for research – ASBMB Today, March 6, 2020.
- Researcher finds a new way to look at proteins – ASBMB Today, March 1, 2019.
- Study of chlorinated lipids could lead to better sepsis treatment – ASBMB Today, March 1, 2019.
- Tabor winner explores protein kinases and disease – ASBMB Today, December 1, 2017.
- Fairn recognized as ‘one of the most promising lipid researchers’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.
- Frydman’s protein-folding work defines ‘the forefront’ – ASBMB Today, April 3, 2017.
- Patton wins funding for neural regeneration work – ASBMB Today, December 1, 2016.