Skip to content
SCIENTIFIC TRAINING BLOG POSTS
- Study: Cultural competence key in mentoring deaf and hard of hearing undergrads – ASBMB Today, April 4, 2022.
- Building a Technology-Savvy Workforce to Drive the Future of Research – ecrLife, February 17, 2022.
- Series of posts – BioCareers
- A Call to Support Professional Development for Early Career Researchers – ecrLife, December 17, 2020.
- Early Career Researchers, take charge and develop your career – ecrLife, September 24, 2020.
- Why scientists need to be trained in science communication – The Female Scientist, June 21, 2020.
- Advancing Through Crises – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, May 11, 2020.
- Academic Mental Health: A Personal Story and How it Could Help Early Career Researchers – PLOS ECR blog, March 23, 2020.
- Creating a support system during graduate school – PhD Balance blog, February 13, 2020.
- Learning to Do Less During Challenging Transitions – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, January 6, 2020.
- On the impact of mentors and friends – The Female Scientist, September 3, 2019.
- Using the Job Search Process for Learning and Self Reflection – Beyond the Professoriate blog, July 26, 2019.
- What I Learned from a 17-year-old STEM Student – Sister STEM blog, October 29, 2018.
- What a pilot course taught us about biomedical research data management practices – Future of Research blog, January 5, 2018.
- How should we mentor junior scientists? Reflections from a Twitter chat – Future of Research blog, September 29, 2017.
- On Gratitude and Leadership – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, August 28, 2017.
- Valuing and Rewarding Intangible Activities in Academic Careers – Future of Research blog, June 30, 2017.
- Needed: Flexible Mentors in Science – GCC Carpe Careers blog – Inside Higher Ed, May 1, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog and to the Future of Research blog).
- What high school students can teach us about doing science – Future of Research blog, April 10, 2017 (reposted to the Life Science Network blog).
- Letting the right ones in: obstacles in graduate admissions – ASCB COMPASS blog, March 29, 2017 (with Gary McDowell, second of two posts, mentioned on the Future of Research blog).
- Can we anticipate graduate student success if we can’t assess it? – ASCB COMPASS blog, March 20, 2017 (with Gary McDowell, first of two posts, mentioned on the Future of Research blog).
- Research Ethics First, Accolades Later – ASCB COMPASS blog, June 10, 2016.
- Effective leadership in a research environment – ASCB COMPASS blog, February 4, 2016.
CAREER PLANNING BLOG POSTS