JSPG-NSPN policy memo writing competition winners announced – Journal of Science Policy & Governance blog (with Shalin R. Jyotishi), August 1, 2019.
JSPG Announces 2019-2020 Governing Board – Journal of Science Policy & Governance blog (with Shalin R. Jyotishi), January 14, 2019.
- JSPG Strengthens Commitment to International Outreach and Engagement – Journal of Science Policy & Governance blog (with Shalin R. Jyotishi), November 29, 2018.
- Systemic racism in higher education [by Science : Vol. 369, Issue 6510, pp. 1440-1441 DOI: 10.1126/science.abd7140 (signatory on behalf of Future of Research).
- FoR Statement on “President Trump’s Executive Order on Immigration” – Future of Research blog, July 20, 2020 (coordinated and added contents from several board members, published as a group).
- Future of Research Statement on the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine Report, “The Next Generation of Biomedical and Behavioral Sciences Researchers: Breaking Through” – Future of Research blog, June 4, 2018 (provided edits).
- ASCB Statement on the Next Generation Researchers Initiative – ASCB advocacy page, March 8, 2018 (provided edits as a member of the ASCB Public Policy Committee).
- Future of Research issues comment on HHS DRAFT Strategic Plan FY 2018 – 2022 – Future of Research blog, October 27, 2017 (written large parts of statement, coordinated edits from other board members, published as a group). [played a leadership role]
- FoR public statement on the “Next Generation Researchers Initiative” study at the National Academies – Future of Research blog, October 2, 2017 (written large parts of statement, coordinated edits from other board members, published as a group). [played a leadership role]
- FoR public statement on “Revitalizing Graduate STEM Education for the 21st Century” – Future of Research blog, September 22, 2017 (written large parts of statement, coordinated edits from other board members, published as a group). [played a leadership role]
- ACTION for September: Send the National Academies your ideas on reforming grad STEM education, and producing independent researchers – Future of Research blog, September 1, 2017 (written example answers to the input forms for the two National Academies Studies). [played a leadership role]
- Fair Labor Standards Act and Postdocs: What You Need to Know – NPA POSTDOCket, Summer 2016, Volume 14, Issue 3, p. 1 (written as a group as part of the NPA Advocacy Committee).
- Drafted written Congressional testimony in support of FY20 Appropriations for the National Institutes of Health & National Science Foundation – Diane Lipscombe, PhD, President, Society for Neuroscience (2019).
- Contribute to ASCB response to RFI on the U.S. bioeconomy from OSTP (2019).
- Draft SfN response to NIH RFI on Reducing Administrative Burden for Researchers; Animal Care and Use in Research draft report (2019) (report link).
- Draft SfN response to NIH RFI on Updating the Brain Research through Advancing Innovative Neurotechnologies (BRAIN) Initiative Plan set forth in the BRAIN 2025: A Scientific Vision (2019) (notice link).
FEDERAL UPDATE CONTRIBUTIONS
FEDERAL UPDATE (UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA)
- National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Advocacy Days – Issue 2, March 3, 2020 (Advocacy Update).
- UC DoD Artificial Intelligence Days – Issue 1, January 31, 2020 (Advocacy Update).
- UC Congressional Briefing on Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Issue 11, December 20, 2019 (Advocacy Update).
- Joint Committee on Research Environment (JCORE) & President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST) – Issue 10, November 26, 2019 (Policy and Regulatory Update).
ADVOCACY NETWORK NEWSLETTER (SOCIETY FOR NEUROSCIENCE)
- Advocacy Knows No Borders – July 2019.
- Register to Learn About a Landmark Research Funding Law – June 2019.
- Raise the Caps Campaign to Ensure U.S. Research Funding – May 2019.
- Congressional Testimony Submitted by SfN President – April 2019.
- Droegemeier AAAS Speech on Federally Funded Research – March 2019.