Adriana has given several written interviews in the form of blogs, news pieces and quotes provided. Interview topics range from the research system and STEM workforce development, to careers in science policy. Below are a few notable interviews and event summary highlights.
Science Policy & Career Posts
- Provided quotes for a number of JSPG Press Releases as JSPG CEO, related to calls for papers, published issues, editorial and staff transitions (2021-present).
- The Bankston Lab – Building The Next Generation Workforce – Inside SAi, October 19, 2021.
- Five questions with an ESEP member – ESEP Newsletter, June 22, 2021.
- A road less travelled: An interview with Dr. Adriana Bankston on her path from academia to policy – Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) Student and Postdoc Student/Postdoc SIG, February 7, 2020.
- Being Part of Culture Change for Women in STEM – MassBio, March 1, 2018.
- Meet Dr. Adriana Bankston, a science policy researcher passionate about data, transparency and systemic change in academia! – The Female Scientist, January 20, 2018.
Event Summary Highlights
- Rice University News: Baker Institute event explores preparing future civic scientists for climate change, public health risks, April 4, 2022
- The National Academies Press: Re-envisioning Postdoctoral Training in Neuroscience: Proceedings of a Workshop—in Brief, May 7, 2021