Adriana has received a number of awards, fellowships, spotlights and other recognition for her work on academic research culture and STEM workforce development, as well training the next generation in science policy. Below is a selection of these received honors.
Awards & Fellowships
- Inaugural 2022 Emerging Broader Impacts Leader Award, Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS) (2022).
- Fellow, Advancing Research Impact in Society (ARIS) (2022-2023).
- Finalist, NASEM New Voices (2021).
- CEO & Managing Publisher, Journal of Science Policy & Governance (JSPG) (2021-present).
- Policy & Advocacy Fellow, Society for Neuroscience (SfN) (2019).
- Semi-finalist, AAAS STPF Executive Branch (2019).
- Full member, Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Honor Society (2021-present) by nomination only.
- Member spotlight, Women in Government Relations (2021).
- Staff spotlight, JSPG (staff efforts recognition, expand outreach) (2019).
- Member spotlight, Association for Women in Science (2017).
- Other awards include Conference Travel Awards (ASCB, FoR, NPA) (2016-2021) & AWIS Chapter spotlights (2018).
- Canadian Science Policy Centre, The next gen section: Enhancing Capacity Building for the Next Generation of Science Policy Leaders – CSPC Magazine, by invitation, November 2021
- SciTech Forefront Editors’ Picks: Building the future STEM workforce beyond the COVID-19 pandemic: a call to action for policymakers driven by the next generation of innovators. SciTech Forefront Blog, November 2021
- Kavli Foundation Newsletter Highlight: Great Science Begins with Nurturing Early-Career Researchers, Issues in Science and Technology, December 2021
- AIP FYI Newsletter Highlight: Adriana Bankston, chief executive of Journal of Science Policy & Governance, SAPEA Podcast, July 2021
- Graduate Career Consortium Blog, Carpe Careers Author of the Week, February 2021
- ScienceGeist Highlights Newsletter (SNSF ECR section): Research Culture: Why scientific societies should involve more early-career researchers, eLife, September 2020
- Career Book What is out there for me? The landscape of Post-PhD career tracks provided interview, March 2020
- Outstanding Publication Award, 2019 AERA SIG (Grad & Postdoc Education): Chapter published in The Postdoc Landscape, March 2019
- Hong Kong Free Press (HKFP) Best Human Rights Books list: Science not Silence: Voices from the March for Science Movement included featured story, March 2018