Since 2016, Adriana has participated in workshops on the research environment, STEM workforce, and science policy training.
- Science Policy Writing Workshop on Open Science, JSPG, UNESCO & MGCY, April 2022.
- Institutional Perspectives on Changes Needed in Postdoctoral Neuroscience Training, Re-envisioning Postdoctoral Training in Neuroscience, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM), Feb 2021.
- Opportunities for Advocacy through Nonprofit Work, AAAS Catalyzing Advocacy in Science and Engineering (CASE) Workshop, UC Irvine, Oct 2018.
In addition to these engagements, Adriana has spoken at several national and international science policy workshops.
- SciDipGLOBAL Science and Global Health Diplomacy Workshop
- Global Council for Science and the Environment (GCSE) Conference
- ScienceTalk conference
- Anticipation Conference
- AAAS S-STEM Symposium
- DiverseScholar Postdoctoral Conference
- Professional Women in Advocacy Conference
- Biophysical Society
- MOST Policy Initiative
- ComSciCon Flagship Workshop
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Howard University Science Policy Association
- Morehouse School of Medicine Science Policy Group
- Georgetown University
- Northwestern University
- Johns Hopkins University
Since 2017, Adriana has given talks and participated in panels on the research environment, STEM workforce, and science policy training.
- Science Policy Knowledge & Skills: Immersive and Academic Road to a New Discipline, AAAS Conference, March 2023.
- Building the Ideal Future of the U.S. STEM Education and Workforce Development Ecosystem, inaugural Sigma Xi International Forum on Research Excellence (iFoRE) Conference, Nov 2022.
- The Strategic Council for Research Excellence, Integrity, and Trust: Meeting 2, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine (NASEM), Feb 2022.
- Grad-to-Policy Panel, National Association of Graduate-Professional Students (NAGPS) Advocacy Summit and Legislative Action Days, Oct 2021.
In addition to these engagements, Adriana has spoken at national and international venues in a number of settings for science policy.
- EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF)
- Canadian Science Policy Centre (CSPC)
- Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) PhD Forum
- UNESCO Working Group Meeting on Open Science Policies and Policy Instruments
- Science Summit, United Nations General Assembly (UNGA77)
- British Embassy Washington
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center/Harvard Medical School
- Baker Institute, Developing the Next Generation of Civic Scientists: Rice Science Policy Symposium
- Stowers Institute for Medical Research
- Reaching the Peak: A Science & Technology Early Career Summit, Research!America
- Atlanta Conference on Science and Innovation Policy
- Virginia Science Policy Bootcamp
- Science Policy Bootcamp & North Carolina STEM Policy Fellowship
- Commonwealth of Virginia Engineering and Science (COVES) Fellowship
- North Carolina Science Policy Coalition
- ASBMB Advocacy Training Program
- Texas Academy for Marine Policy Program
- NIH Science Policy Discussion Group
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- American University
- Georgetown University
- EScAN Policy and Advocacy Fellowship and Careers
- UC San Diego School of Global Policy and Strategy