Since 2015, Adriana has provided mentoring, advising and career input for early career researchers interested in science policy careers, including reviewing conference proposals and conference committees.
- AAAS annual meeting (2023)
- ASBMB Advocacy Training Program (2022)
- Canadian Science Policy Centre (2022)
- AAAS & NSF ERN STEM Conference (2022)
- ARIS Summit (2021)
- WGR Excellence in Advocacy Awards (2021)
- NSPN SciPol Scholars in Residence (2021)
- The Science Coalition Student Video Challenge (2021)
- NSF Research Experience and Mentoring Program Grantees Meeting (2020)
- L’Oreal USA For Women in Science Fellowship (2020)
- NYAS SALT Program (2019)
- Member, Program Committee, Inaugural International Forum on Research Excellence (IFoRE), Sigma Xi (2022).
- Member, Professional Women in Advocacy Conference Committee, Women in Government Relations (2020).
- Member, STGlobal Conference Content Committee (2019-2021).
Adriana has also provided instruction or participated in policy training sessions for early career researchers.
- Networking with science policy groups and science policy happy hours with ESEP & NSPN (2020 – present).
- Mentoring on science policy resumes, fellowships and job applications for early career researchers, including preparation for interviews and writing recommendation letters (2020 – present).
- Advising on science policy career transitions for early career researchers several organizations at a number of universities (2019 – present).