Since 2017, Adriana has given several oral interviews on the research environment and STEM workforce development, and careers in science policy.
- Empowering BIPOC Communities in STEM: The Potential Impact of the CHIPS and Science Act – InTouch – Think STEAM Careers Podcast, May 2023.
- Workforce Development in STEM – On Campus Podcast with CITI Program, Nov 2022.
- Conversation with the CEO of the Journal of Science Policy and Governance – SAi TV, Aug 2022.
- Adriana Bankston, Principal Legislative Analyst – PhD Career Stories podcast, April 2022.
- Adriana Bankston, chief executive of Journal of Science Policy & Governance – SAPEA Podcast, July 2021.
- Higher Education Policy & Workforce Development – Papa PhD Live interview, March 2021.
- Empowering Early Career Researchers via Science Policy & Advocacy – UC Irvine GPS-STEM Science Policy Podcast, May 2020.
- Ep26- Dr. Adriana Bankston – Indiana University School of Medicine Podcast, Dec 2019.
- Episode with Adriana Bankston – Fierce Curiosity, Eaton Radio DC, Sept 2019.
- How to be a Powerhouse in Science Advocacy Work – When Science Speaks Podcast, Nov 2018.
Adriana has also been interviewed informally for organizations, government or science policy courses at universities.
Selected informational interviews:
- Organizations: NASEM New Voices, Research!America, AAAS, Sanford Burnham Prebys.
- Government: NIAID, NIEHS, NICHD, NCATS.
- Universities: University of Chicago, Stanford, UC Berkeley, Rush University, Yale University, Columbia University, U Mass, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Wash U St. Louis, Ohio State and UC Los Angeles (also international universities).
Since 2017, Adriana has given several written interviews on the research system and STEM workforce development, and careers in science policy.
- Women Leaders in STEM Spotlight: Adriana Bankston, Lab Manager blog, March 8, 2023.
- The Bankston Lab – Building The Next Generation Workforce – Inside SAi, Oct 2021.
- Five questions with an ESEP member – ESEP Newsletter, June 2021.
- How Can a Neuroscientist Work in Policy? – Neuropolitics & Society column, Knowing Neurons, April 2021.
- A road less travelled: An interview with Dr. Adriana Bankston on her path from academia to policy – Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) Student and Postdoc Student/Postdoc SIG, Feb 2020.
- Meet Dr. Adriana Bankston, a science policy researcher passionate about data, transparency and systemic change in academia! – The Female Scientist, Jan 2018.